Monday, February 23, 2009

Family day was not only about spending time with your family but to remember the man named Louis Riel because...Louis Riel was born at the Red River Colony in what is now Manitoba on October 22, 1844. He stopped going to school when his father died so he could get a job and help his family. Then after a few years When the Government of Canada bought the land of the Red River then the people were worried about their future and about keeping their rights and away of life.
When they soon found that they needed a leader they chose Louis Riel To show that he wanted to talk directly to Ottawa, Riel formed something called a Metis government. Then he stopped the Canadian representative from entering the colony.
Then the Government took control of a place called Upper Fort Garry, He then helled many people there as prisoners.
Riel did not really know when to keep peace so he became afraid of his own life.

So although we have all of this information about Rial we have him here today to answer some questions...
So what brings you here today?
You wanted me to answer your questions.
oh yeah.
What made you scared of your life?
Well when I was the leader Ottawa sent troops to the new Provence, and I didn't know how to keep peace, that made it even harder to face the people who looked up to me.

well that seems ruff. So what turned you off of becoming a priest?
Well my parent's didn't have enough money so i left school to get a job.
You seem help full. Did you drink or smoke?
No I did not.
your a good man.
Thank-you.
was there any other languages that you spoke?
Yes there was English, and Germain.
well if there was any thing else you could change about what you did in your life what would it be?
I think i wouldn't have bin that leader.
I know i wouldn't have.
your a great man but that's all the time we have for today.
Will you come back.
Yes of course I will.
Thank You......Ladies and gentle men Luise Riel.
BYE.....Thank you for having me.
No problem.

1 comment:

  1. Great work here, Emma! Just make sure to proofread and spell check before you publish. You have a lot of good information and your interview is interesting.

    I am still missing your Assignment #4. Do you think that you can do it this weekend?

    I hope your leg is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete